need tips on breeding marine fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need tips on breeding marine fish

I now how to breed clownfish but what clownfish species are most likely to breed in a aquarium.
    what would I feed the fry.
    and what other types fish are there that breed easily.

RE: need tips on breeding marine fish

fishys, check out MBISite.org for your marine fish breeding questions.

Comment

Ha, could also try the "expert" forum here LOL - Start with Ocellaris, Frenatus, Melanopus, maybe Clarkii. Those are the most commonly bred and generally considered more or less readily willing spawners. Clownfish use rotifers as their first food. If you can find a copy of Joyce Wilkerson's book and it doesn't cost you $400, it's definitely worth it. Wittenrich's book is more all-encompassing, and is a must buy for any potential breeder.

Other good candidates for beginners include gobies from the genus Elacatinus, Blennies from the genus Meiacanthus (and also the Flametail, E. flavipes), and Banggai Cardinalfish (the rest of the commonly available Cardinals are completely dissimilar from the Banggai FYI).

Comment

Has anyone here tried breeding animals in backyard swimming pools? If I used the right chemicals in a small outdoor pool, it is possible? Looking to start small without a huge investment. (Actually, my son wants me to ask this question). Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X